- Are you writing a memoir or autobiography?
- Are you writing or ghostwriting a biography of someone else?
- Are you writing a fictitious novel or screenplay based on a
real individual or event?
- Do you need help developing the manuscript into a great work
that more than your family will want to buy and read?
- Do you need help developing the all-imprtant book proposal
that agents and publishers want to read first?
- Do you know how to write a professional book proposal?
- Are you planning to traditionally publish, or self-publish?
- Do you need advice how to market yourself and your book?
- If so, this conference is for You!
The 2015 Genre-LA™ Writers Conference is perfect for authors who are writing memoirs, biographies, autobiographies, and true stories of all kinds, and are looking for the best paths to success. Now you can learn how to write a book that a much wider audience than just your family will want to buy and read. Experience three intensive days that will improve your writing and change your life as an author.
Learn the secrets of how to organize your plot points and evaluate their added value to the story; how to research and write an effective non-fiction work; how to write a true story without potential legal entanglements, how to write the all-important book proposal, how to pitch an agent or publisher, and much more. Additional workshops will include the fine art of fictionalizing your story for a book or screenplay, and then how to market your work.
The conference includes genre-specific panels, seminars, interactive workshops, pitch sessions and more, featuring educators, industry experts, best-selling authors, literary agents and publishers in an inspirational and educational
setting. Some presenters are perennial favorites, and others are the newest and brightest voices in the country.
Attendees can also take advantage of ProCritiques™ where your parts of your work is read and critiqued by advanced submission to professional editors, and Masters ProCritiques™ with literary agents and publishers. You can also meet with agents and publishers looking for new talent during free pitch sessions, by appointment. The event is open to all levels.
This educational and inspirational conference will be held October 23-25, 2015 at the historic Los
Angeles Valley College (address and maps). Early-bird registration discounts still available.