Learn the Craft and Business of Writing
from more than 30 Industry Professionals and Educators,
who join dozens of Literary Agents, Educators, and Celebrity Authors,
to share more than 35 workshops and panels essential to your success.
It's an Educational and Inspirational conference that will improve the qualityof your writing and your life as an author!
- Do you need help developing your manuscript into a great work that more than your family will want to buy and read?
- Do you need help developing the all-important book proposal
for non-fiction that agents and publishers want first?
- Are you planning to traditionally publish, or Indie-publish?
- Do you need advice how to market yourself and your book?
- Do you need expertise at Publishing and Social Marketing?
- Are you writing a memoir, autobiography, or ghostwriting a biography of someone else?
- Are you writing a true story or fictitious novel or screenplay based on a real individual or event?
- If so, this conference is for You!
The 2015 Genre-LA™ Writers Conference is perfect for authors looking for the best paths to success. Now you can learn how to write a book that a much wider audience than just your family will wantto buy and read. Learn the secrets of how to organize your plot points and evaluate their added value to the story; how to research and write an effective non-fiction work; how to write a true story without potential legal entanglements, how to write the all-important book proposal, how to pitch an agent or publisher, and much more.
The conference includes panels, seminars, interactive workshops, pitch sessions and more, featuring educators, industry experts, best-selling authors, professional editors and literary agents in an inspirational and educational setting. Some presenters are perennial favorites, and others are the newest and brightest voices in the country. Additional workshops will include the fine art of fictionalizing your story for a book or screenplay, and then how to market your work. Experience three intensive days that will improve your writing and change your life as an author.
Attendees can also take advantage of ProCritiques™ where part of your work is read and critiqued by advanced submission to professional editors, and Masters ProCritiques™ with literary agents who know all the right publishers. You can also meet with literary agents looking for new talent during free pitch sessions, by appointment. The event is open to all levels.
This educational and inspirational conference will be held October 23-25, 2015 at the historic Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys, California (address and maps). Early-bird registration discounts still available.