Terms and Conditions
By registering for and attending an event, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
[“WC2” means West Coast Writers Conferences, a Todaro Communications, Inc. company, and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates.]
Programs: Speakers, times, curriculum and agendas are subject to change.
Travel and Accommodations: Travel and accommodations are the sole responsibility of the attendee. As a courtesy, we have secured a discounted rate with our host hotel.
Photography: By attending a WC2 event, you agree to be photographed, filmed, or recorded on tape or other media, and allow us to use your image in any manner or media for the purpose of advertising and promotion without compensation, further notice, or consent.
Recording or photographing Conference sessions, keynotes, lunches/receptions, or exhibits is strictly prohibited. Program handouts and/or recordings will be made available Online after the event. By registering, you agree not to solicit vendors or exhibitors.
Corona Virus/Covid-19 Policy: Out of an abundance of caution and care for our attendees, speakers, and staff, WC2 continues to review health and safety protocols in concert with the Hilton hotel directors the latest California CV-19, and CDC guidelines. Every reasonable effort will be made to meet or exceed compliance. The conference expects to be the only event on the entire ballroom floor, utilizing extraordinary safe-distancing and sanitary measures for all workshops, panels, and the keynote luncheon. You will be attending a HYBRID-Writers Conference with live speakers, panels and workshops, along with an additional virtual interactive track of speakers in a webinar format on a big screen in one of the breakout rooms.
By registering for the event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the conference, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure and agree not to hold West Coast Writers Conferences, Todaro Communications Inc., Tony N. Todaro, Lillian M. Todaro, Inc.; The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society, The DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton; Hilton Hotels; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
The hotel may have other requirements, such as special limits on the number of attendees in a conference common areas, elevators, and/or other designated hotel zones. This is to help insure the safety of you and your fellow attendees, the event management and hotel staff. Protective face masks may not be required in specifically designated areas, such as the hotel restaurant, lunch, or bar areas, at the discretion of the hotel.
Additional details of these and other safety/health protocols will be posted at the event.
Special Assistance: If you require special assistance while attending the Conference, please provide us with ample notice, so we may make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Age Restrictions: WC2 events are open to writers of all ages. However, specific topics may be intended for adult writers and their target market; therefore attendees under the age of 18 will not be admitted to that topic.
Code of Conduct: WC2 events offer an educational and inspirational experience for writers of all genres and disciplines, not a platform for personal political or religious commentary. We strive to have a diversity of opinion, so that you can hear all sides of an issue. We ask you to avoid inflammatory political and/or religious arguments, especially when they are not relevant to the topic at hand.
Attendees are required to exhibit common courtesy and respect towards other attendees and speakers — at all times. Expect to receive a variety of answers to your questions and advice for success. Retain what works for you, while respecting the opinion of others. Whether or not you agree with their point of view, or not.
Sexual harassment, bullying, bad conduct, immature behavior and/or any other displays of unwelcome behavior will not be tolerated. “No” means NO. Disrespectful behavior will earn the offender a quick exit from the conference with no refund. Violators will not be invited back. Note that sexual harrassment also includes ‘stalking’ type behavior. No means no. Don’t ask again.
Payment and Terms Policy: You may pay Online by credit or debit card, or use the “PayPal Credit” (six months – same as cash) option. We use PayPal, Stripe, and possibly other vendors for merchant credit/debit card processing. You do not need a PayPal account to use this secure service. You may also pay by Certified Check or Money Order using the down-loadable application form. Only paid registrants may attend the event.
Refund/Transfer Policy: Registration refunds, less a 25% processing fee, may be requested up to thirty (30) days before the first day of the event. There are NO refunds after that date. As an option, the registrant may apply the full amount to a future WC2 conference within twelve (12) months. Or, the registrant may transfer the membership to another attendee by emailing the email@example.com with the names and contact information of both parties.
Transfers may not be applied to Masters Workshops, ProCritiques™ or Masters ProCritiques. You must be registered for the conference to participate ProCritiques. Please review the list of editors and agents, and their guidelines carefully, as many only work on specific genres. There is a reading/editing fee per critique. Once you submit material and pay for this service, the editors and agents are quickly sent the MS so they have time for a proper read and notes before the event. There are NO refunds for these programs. Should an editor or agent be unable to attend the event, they will schedule a follow-up session with you to review the submitted work.
WC2 reserves the right to cancel any event without penalty, its liability limited to a refund of registration fees.
In the event that the premises where the Conference is to be held shall, in the sole determination of West Coast Writers Conferences, become unfit or unavailable for occupancy, or shall be substantially interfered with, by reason of picketing, strike, embargo, injunction, act of war, act of God, pandemic, fire or state of emergency declared by any government agency or by reason of any federal, state or local law or regulation or by reason of any other occurrence beyond the control of WC2, WC2 may relocate, cancel or terminate the Conference. In the event of such relocation, cancellation or termination, or any other relocation, cancellation or termination, WC2 reserves the right to refund all, none or a portion of registration fees as WC2 deems, in its sole discretion, appropriate.
For more information, please call 310.379.2650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following terms and conditions govern your access to, and use of this Site. The content of this Site may be changed by WC2 without notice. WC2 may change or withdraw any products or services at any time without notice.
- WC2 is not responsible for any errors or omissions on this Site. All WC2 and third party information is provided AS IS. WC2 disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but no limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. In no event will WC2 be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or any damages for lost profits, lost revenue or loss of use arising out of or related to this Site or any information contained on it.
- Any information or material submitted to WC2 in connection with this Site is provided on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis and shall become the property of WC2. Such information or material may be used by WC2 for any purpose on an unrestricted basis, including but not limited to reproduction, display, performance, modification, transmission and distribution. WC2 is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques submitted to WC2 for any purpose on an unrestricted basis
- The trademarks, service marks and logos contained on this Site are the registered or common law marks of WC2 or third parties. All rights reserved worldwide.
- No right or license is granted, by implication, estoppal or otherwise, to use any trademark, service mark or logo displayed on this Site or any other intellectual property rights of WC2 or any third party.
- Any non-WC2 web site accessed through this Site is independent. WC2 has no control over such independent sites and is not responsible for the content or use of those sites. Links to another site does not mean WC2 endorses or accepts responsibility for the content or use of that independent site.
Copyright Notice: The intellectual property and authoring methodology, including all source code used on this website is the copyrighted work of Todaro Communications, Inc. Without limiting the foregoing, copying or reproduction of the software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited. Website concept © Copyright Todaro Communications, Inc., PO Box 2267, Redondo Beach CA 90278. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. No duplication of this site is permitted graphically or conceptually unless requested and approved in writing. All rights reserved worldwide.